Thursday 12 April 2012

Two Ladies.

I called into the theatre today for coffee and chat with Rob, and while I was propping up the bar I noticed one of the restaurant staff delivering food to a table (well, to the people sitting at it to be precise, but who isn’t in a pedantic mood today?)

So anyway, the first thing I noticed about the young woman in question was the heavy layer of (tan coloured!) make up she had on her face, and I naturally thought ‘I wonder what she looks like behind that lot.’ The second thing I noticed was that she had very long auburn hair pulled up close to her head, as is required practice for serving wenches, and I thought ‘I wonder what she looks like with her hair down.’ And then I thought ‘I wonder what she looks like with no make up and her hair down,’ by which time I was probably staring in a pointed way that is very rightly considered improper and likely to get me into trouble! So I stopped.

Fortunately, the ever-delightful Adhia (who has received an honourable mention on this blog before,) was standing close by to remind me what real beauty should look like. So that brought JJ back to a right sense of values and the day was saved.

Exeunt stage left pursued by feminists.

No comments: