Tuesday 24 April 2012

Starting the Day Badly.

I got up this morning to a most unpleasant sense of abandonment. I thought of telling the whole story as an allegory – the story of meeting a fellow misfit on the high road among the hills etc, etc – but decided against it. I’ve said enough wrong things for one week (or maybe it would be truer to suggest that I’ve said enough right things, but said them badly.)

The dogs have gone out for the day today, which means I can work in the garden free of being constantly warned off my own piece of ground by two lovable, but unduly territorial, canines. Since most of the morning has already gone, I suppose I’d better get on with it. Unfortunately, I’ve also fallen prey to an odd range of physical pains, which doesn’t bode well for the gardening. I think the CFS is letting me know that it isn’t easily so defeated. It seems to be one of the hazards of walking the high road among the hills.

No comments: