Friday 27 April 2012

In Praise of the Herb.

I recently made frequent references on this blog to the problem I was having with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I also reported that dear Melanie of Anthropomorphica had recommended Ashwaghanda, and that I’d laid out the whole £15 for a two month supply.

Well, unless there’s an almighty coincidence going on, it seems to be working. The symptoms are coming less frequently, they’re less harsh, and they don’t last as long. So blessings upon the Melanie Ashton.

And there’s a bonus. The feared onset of increased libido did not – repeat, NOT – come to fruition, which was a relief. Better by far that dear old lib remains slung atween the round shot in Nombre Dios Bay, at least until some fairy princess comes along and mistakes me for a frog. And such an eventuality is unlikely to be enacted, since I’m not that good looking.

(I wonder whether a toad would fit the bill.)

5 comments:

andrea kiss said...

HAHA!

Also, it looks like i've been visiting your blog a zillion times today. I have been catching up on all your posts since its been awhile, but just so i don't look like a stalker let me tell you that the tab has been open and when i leave my laptop for a while it goes into 'sleep' mode so when i come back to it it refreshes your page and i show up on the feedjit again. I'm not stalking you... that much...

JJ said...

You couldn't be a stalker, Andrea. They are, by definition, the uninvited.

JJ said...

By the way, you don't know any fairy princesses with defective eyesight, do you?

andrea kiss said...

Hmmm... do you mean what you say, fairy princess or fairy tale princess?

JJ said...

Well spotted. I actually meant what I said, because I'm weird and I give more credence to fairies than fairy tale characters.