Thursday 26 April 2012

Learning from the Question.

I had an e-mail tonight from somebody I haven’t corresponded with for a couple of years: Dr Leila Bawa, currently a GP in Fort William, Highlands Region. Leila is a rare and splendid person, so hearing from her was good.

But she asked me how I am (and note that ‘how’ is, coincidentally, an anagram of ‘who.’) Quite a question, that. How am I? Who am I? Mmm...

I thought about it and concocted a brief reply, and it made me realise something. For all that my life has seemed, on the surface at least, to have been the epitome of emptiness and tedium over the last two years, I’ve actually been taking quite an eventful inner journey. So it was probably all worth it.

Good; that’s that settled.

Night.

2 comments:

Strange Girl Press said...

Often when someone asks how they really mean why.

JJ said...

Andrea, you just went all Scorpio on me!