Saturday 21 April 2012

Witch Hunt by Slug: Another Kate Bush Post.

I’m back to one of my old questions:

How much money does a recording artist have to make from one of their tracks or albums before they’ve been adequately recompensed for their efforts and can now graciously allow the poorer people to enjoy their creations free?

I see the latest witch hunt against YouTube has just finished in Germany and sentence has been passed. YouTube lost and now stands condemned.

But of course, it seems it isn’t so much the artists themselves who are playing Matthew Hopkins here, but the fat slugs in suits who control the music industry. Are slugs capable of learning, I wonder, that music might be a commodity, but it’s also a hell of a lot more?

But, but...

Here I sit listening to a whole Kate Bush album provided free by YouTube, seemingly courtesy of KateBushMusic.

Thank you, Kate. I always was a bit in love with you, and you always were a true artist above and beyond anything slugs would understand.

I do hope I’m not wrong.

No comments: