Monday 23 April 2012

Approaching Beltane.

Just a week to go to Beltane Eve. Beltane is the only celebration I actually feel, so it’s the only one I get excited about.

I got some wood together today for a small bonfire. I’d like to do more this year; I’d like to celebrate it with somebody; I’d even like to buy somebody a gift, like normal people do at Christmas. But who would I give it to?

I mentioned the problem in a recent post. There are only four people I would consider eligible. One hasn’t spoken to me in months, another wouldn’t share my passion for the occasion, and the two who would both live abroad.

Pity about number two. Seems I’m still walking that high road in the hills alone.

This all sounds like complete bullshit, doesn’t it? I know. It’s late.

4 comments:

Shayna said...

Your thoughts & feelings aren't bullshit. (I really like your header photo.)

JJ said...

Ah, but that's only because you're as clued up as me, Shay.

(Oh to be normal...)

The picture is from the Chinese Garden at a National Trust property called Biddulph Grange in Staffordshire. It's one of the follies that rich Victorians liked to create. Pretty, though.

Bree T Donovan said...

Me looks forward to Beltane too!

I'll be firing it up on the other side of the pond!

JJ said...

Good. Nice to know somebody will be joining me. You know you're supposed to keep it going until sunrise, don't you? I don't - maybe I should.