Friday 13 April 2012

Keeping it Personal.

Consider yourselves spared. I could have made several long and serious posts today about the rampant trivialising of modern so-called culture, the dubious methodology of pressure groups, the duplicity of politicians, the irrational polarisation of public opinion and the tyranny of political correctness. And I’m sure there’s one I’ve forgotten. It’s been that kind of day – full of long and serious issues irritating me, a day dominated by influential and highly visible people who seem pretty damn stupid to me.

Thankfully, I can’t be bothered. What I’m more concerned about at the moment is the increasing incidence of late night visits from Hasky Knobstick-Queegle. Is her world expanding, I wonder. Does she have bigger fish to fry? And is it time I disappeared?
 
Edited to Add 19/10/23
 
The second paragraph turned out to be unusually perceptive of me, only I didn't so much disappear as get thrown overboard with the gash.

2 comments:

Bree T Donovan said...

I think Knobstick (LOVE THAT!) would tell ya if she wanted ya gone.

Seen any more frogies?

JJ said...

No, just passing ghosts and phantom sheep.