Thursday 12 April 2012

Switching Consciousness.

I have to be up early tomorrow. I have to take Monsieur Renault for his annual screening.

What do you think going to a car repair shop is like for someone like me? I’m a Romantic and an idealist. I live for observation, philosophy and the Grail Quest. I succumb to reveries in which I linger on the fringe of a mighty ocean, being deafened by the roar of thunderous waves while the priestess drips tropical rain and plays the piano with passion.

So what do you think it’s like? I’ll tell you: it’s hard to make the transition, that’s what it’s like.

2 comments:

Bree T Donovan said...

Hunny, we all HATE going to the car repair shop! I had to drop $150 just last week for my cherry chevy.

This is the kinda stuff that keeps us grounded.

Good Luck!

JJ said...

Oddly enough, Bree, money isn't the issue. Nigel takes care of the car for free in return for me doing his books and tax returns. The issue is returning to the mainstream urban environment - the roads, the buildings and, most of all, the mentality. For me 'grounding' is about making contact with nature, not 80mph traffic and trashy TV. (Must admit, though, once I make the adjustment, I tend to drive faster than 80 if the road permits it!)