Saturday 7 April 2012

A Change of Mind and a Future Prospect.

Reference should be made to the earlier post: To Avoid Being Heathcliff before reading this one.

I changed my mind. It occurred to me that there was the slightest glimmer of a chance that the Lady Bella might be offended at the prospect of me failing to pay my customary nocturnal respects, so I walked by way of Mill Lane as usual. And what did I find? The house in almost total darkness. I expected to have to avert my eyes from the sight of the scumbag Edgar Linton tending Cathy’s injured ankle, but no. Little and low lighting. So now I’m confused, but never mind.

I had a thought tonight, though. The next time there’s a full moon, and assuming the sky is clear, I really must go the extra distance and walk to the church. Imagine what a 14th century church and graveyard will look like bathed by the full moon. Splendid, I should think. Why has that never occurred to me before?

No comments: