Friday 27 April 2012

Damn, Damn and Damn.

Earlier today I was feeling hot under the collar about damn bureaucrats, damn politicians, the damn corporate world and all the other damn bozos who are running the damn country. So I went for a walk and took the route that runs alongside the field where the sheep are.

I heard the different voices of the individual mothers, and watched the lambs racing to answer their calls. It made me smile, and smiling is damn fine therapy.

*  *  *

Did you know that there was outraged reaction among cinema goers when Clark Gable uttered the famous line ‘Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn?’ It was considered quite a naughty word in those days, apparently.

And then Mrs Thatcher came along, which encouraged us all to become practiced in the use of rather stronger expletives.

No comments: