Wednesday 11 April 2012

Drifting Off Purpose.

The walk wasn’t so good tonight. There are too many niggles about at the moment – too many reasons to be anxious. In consequence, I found myself walking mechanically, imagining possible scenarios and conversations and the like, instead of being focussed on seeing what I was there to see. And that’s a waste of a walk.

The one pleasant thing that occurred to me was that it would be nice to sit at the end of the Lady Bella’s bed and read When the Waves Call to her. That’s a good story to go to sleep on.

4 comments:

Bree T Donovan said...

Ah, a good poem indeed.

Jack used to recite to me The Love Song of Alfred J Prufrock. That is one long-ass (but lovely) poem! Although he did not recite at the foot of me bed. :-)

JJ said...

Poem? Poem? What poem? 'When the Waves Call' is my selkie story. I'm sure you've read it. Well, I'm sure I sent it to you. Whether you read it is another matter.

I'm nadgy.

Bree T Donovan said...

O.K. Did you ever read one thing, and SEE another?! I didn't see 'When the Waves Call' at first. I saw...ah! forget it! I'm insane.

And yes. I did read your selkie story. Love those kinds of stories.

JJ said...

That's bad as Melanie who read '...when humans started farming' as '...when humans started farting.' I think it must be that infamous female filter I noticed a long time ago.