Wednesday 18 April 2012

Kate Bush 2

For some reason I’ve become fixated on the music of Kate Bush again. I’ve taken to spending long periods on YouTube in the early hours, listening to track after old track and going to bed late.

My first fixation was back in the days when she was riding high at the forefront of popular music, and I remember it having quite a profound effect on me. So now I’m reliving a lot of the old feelings and influences, and I’m wondering what it means. Does it mean that I’m getting a second bite of a cherry that I didn’t appreciate at the time? Does it mean that there were lessons to be learned back then, and now they’re being reinforced? Or does it mean nothing at all?

We never know, do we? Not unless we put two and two together and it becomes obvious, which it rarely does with me because I’m too dim.

But at least I now know what The Kick Inside is all about, and that’s a relief.


No comments: