Thursday 19 January 2012

Jittery.

I’ve been unaccountably jittery all day. Metaphorically speaking, there’s a dark space in the sky where a star ought to be. And tonight, when I was returning from my walk, I saw an incredibly big and bright star in the southern sky. When I looked again, it had gone. Last night I saw the most brilliant shooting star ever. A huge ball of light fell vertically through about ten degrees of arc, then burned up.

I suppose we shouldn’t see portents in things – just get on with tomorrow and whatever it brings.

2 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

The sacred in the mundane, I think it's important to feel that deep connection within and without. If the stars have something to tell you it's worth listening to. Missed your musings Jeff :)

JJ said...

You're a treasure, Mel. I've missed your scarf!