Sunday 29 January 2012

The Good Companion.

Should anyone have taken note of my recent sleep deprivation, I can report that I finally got a full eight hours last night, broken only once and briefly while it was still dark. And here’s the interesting bit.

I seem to have spent the whole night dreaming that I was doing a job connected with the arts of some kind, and I was travelling around to exhibitions, or whatever they were, with a young woman colleague. She was sallow skinned and had black hair – maybe of mixed black/white or south Asian ethnicity. I’ve no idea who she was or who she represented.

The travelling was concluded and we returned to the office. It was morning, but I fell asleep at my desk and woke to find it was five past seven in the evening. I’d slept all day. The woman was standing in front of me with her legs placed either side of my knees. She was wearing jeans or trousers, I recall. I asked her why on earth she was still in the office that late, and she said she’d decided to work on to keep me company while I slept.

Isn’t that nice?

No comments: