Friday 27 January 2012

The A-Z Thing.

Since the old fatigue problem is troubling me again and I’m devoid of original thought, seems the best thing I can do is follow the trend and do the A-Z thing. Here goes:

Age: Old enough to avoid mirrors, especially full length ones. Then again, Vaughan Williams has been described as looking like ‘an old sofa with the stuffing falling out,’ and he did pretty well until he was a hell of a lot older than me.

Bed: Double. Half empty (consciously not ‘half full.’)

Chore You Hate: Washing dishes.

Dogs: Generally the best of creatures, although I did have an unfortunate experience with one once. I was five and staying with my mother at her friend’s house in London. There was a monkey on a garden wall nearby, and I asked permission to go and look at it. ‘OK,’ said mum, ‘but don’t touch it. Monkeys bite.’ I went and looked, but didn’t touch. And then a cute little doggie came around the corner and I bent down to stroke it. Damn thing leapt up and bit me in the groin. Believe me, I came frighteningly close to qualifying for a job in a harem.

Essential Start to Your Day: Handful of hemp seeds, glass of grapefruit juice, mug of tea, trying to ignore the stress, thinking of ZM.

Favourite Colours: Primary red, saffron, some blues, light grey.

Gold or silver? Silver.

Height: This might precipitate a devastating loss, but here goes. 5ft 8”.

Instruments: Played the trombone in the school and city schools orchestras, then decided that trombones were for dorks. Changed to finger picking styles on the guitar. Now much out of practice.

Job Title: This is a joke, right?

Kids: One daughter.

Live: Debatable.

Mother’s Name: Irene. What? Who the hell would want to know that?

Nicknames: I was born a Godwin, so I was known simply as God for the first eight years of my life. Then Mr Beazley legally adopted me and I was demoted to Beezer, Bijou or Beelzebub. ‘Jeffers’ and ‘Jeffie’ have also been known. My mother generally used either ‘monstink’ or ‘ya bloody little towrag.’

Overnight Hospital Stays: Three times for operations. Hate hospitals with a passion.

Pet Peeves: Anybody trying to control me and most of the people running society.

Quote from a Movie: ‘Have you lived in Blackpool all your life?’ ‘Not yet.’ Funny Bones.

Right or Left Handed: I hold alcoholic drinks with my right hand, so I suppose I must be conventionally inclined.

Siblings: I had a half-brother, but he died of an aneurism nearly nine years ago.

Tinkerbell or Wendy? Tinkerbell at night, Wendy in the morning.

Underwear: Who’s asking?

Vegetable You Hate: Aubergines.

What Makes You Run Late? The right woman if she exists.

X-Rays You’ve Had: Teeth ad nauseum, my right little finger that I broke twice – once playing rugby, and again playing cricket, my right knee.

Yummy Foods You Make: I used to make a fabulous potato and chickpea curry, but it’s too much trouble now I live alone. Home made soups are easier, and not at all bad.

Zoo Animal: Hate zoos. If they were filled with politicians, celebrities and rich people, I’d be a regular visitor with a bag of stale buns.

Is that it? That’s it.

--------------------------------------

By the way, My Sherlock Mystery posts have now attracted 400 pageviews. I doubt the record will ever be broken. The power of television?

4 comments:

KMcCafferty said...

The zoo animal question bothers me a lot. Your favourite 'zoo animal?' Which animals, exactly, are native to 'the zoo'? Aye. "No, dear, that's not an artcitc animal, it's a zoo animal."

Surely you understand my point.

JJ said...

Of course I do, Kaetlyn, that's why I hate zoos. I used a standard list that I saw on somebody else's blog. The 'favourite zoo animal' question bothered me, too, hence the joke (if joke it be) about politicians etc.

andrea kiss said...

I like the name Irene. My dad's mother was Florence Irene but she went by her middle name.

Alex is 5'8"... its funny because most of the guys i've dated have been 5'8" and both my dad and brother are also that same height. I actually met a guy that was 6'8" and he had a huge crush on me. I told him it would never work considering i'm only 5'2" and felt like a dwarf standing beside him.

JJ said...

Must admit, I like the German pronuciation: I-ray-na (as in Sherlock's Irene Adler.)

And you do surprise me! I didn't know there WERE any men in America under 6ft (apart from Woody Allen.) The power of television again.

The one woman I married was an inch taller than me. It didn't intimidate me in any way, but I always thought we didn't look quite right...