Friday 6 January 2012

Being a Wreck.

Blogging serves a number of useful purposes for me, so it’s bit of a nuisance that I’m not in the right frame of mind at the moment. The best I can manage is a whinge; would that do, do you think, just so one complainant has something to read? OK, whinge it is.

1) I continue to be a bit distraught over the loss of an American gem. There are three things bothering me: a) The place where it used to sit and sparkle looks unnaturally dark and miserable. b) I’m worried that she’s OK. c) The loss was occasioned wholly through weakness on my part, and that pisses me off.

2) I continue to be frustrated that M’Lady S remains unreachable, since she’s the one person within a 25 mile radius with whom I would be happy to talk for hours. Somewhere between ten seconds and five minutes is about the limit for everybody else.

3) My whole system has felt off for the past couple of days – bouts of mild nausea, bits of headache and toothache, and no energy. I think it might be the old CFS thing cutting in again, because I just noticed the tell-tale dark rings under my eyes.

4) My troublesome knee has been more painful today than it has been for a long time. I had an arthroscopy about eleven years ago and was told that the years of rugby and hill walking had worn it out. I was told I would need a new knee one day. I don’t want a new knee; I want the old one to get better.

So there you have it. JJ is a wreck at the moment. An early night must be on the cards.

No comments: