Monday 9 January 2012

Bird Brains.

I allowed myself to watch another TV ad last night. It involved a cartoon duck extolling the virtues of yet another bunch of artificial chemicals, this time to put down the toilet. The manufacturer had evidently spent an awful lot of money on highly trained animators and other production costs in order to have us believe that their dubious concoction is Really Necessary to make our lives safer and more wholesome.

And it occurred to me that an awful lot of people will buy said concoction, not so much because they Really Need it, but because they’re attracted to a freggin’ cartoon duck!

How did we get here?

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

I think it's more like they will need the solution, or one like it, and they'll buy that particular one because they're attracted to the duck. I would hope most people don't randomly go out and buy cleaning solution, although I'm sure more people could use it than buy it.

JJ said...

Oh, I see.