Tuesday 10 January 2012

A Year in the Life.

I was musing this morning on the question:

‘Was there a year in your life that was singularly and profoundly pivotal?’

There was. It was the year I first moved to the countryside.

I could write a sizeable essay on how the being known as JJ Beazley began a massive shift that year. I could talk about how his relationship with the job he’d been doing for six years went into rapid and steep decline, how he came to a love of freedom and a more Bohemian mindset, how he started to see through the sham that most of us live, and how the focus of his brain began to move from left to right.

For the purpose of a blog post, however, it will suffice to say this:

I didn’t know what was going on at the time, and neither did those around me such as my wife and colleagues. It’s only in retrospect that I can see the picture clearly and understand the great significance of that day when I moved into a cottage in the country. Now I can use it to understand how I came to my present position, as well as the reason for much disturbance in my past. And I’m sure this is broadly true of all of us.

So does it help?

Does it matter?

No comments: