Thursday 19 January 2012

Hello, Sal.

I decline to apologise for making a blog post just to say ‘hello’ to my friend, Sarah, since I don’t know any other way of going about it. I’m in the mood for saying ‘hello’ to somebody and the options are a bit limited.

I had a thought that I might stand a couple of fields away from her house, at just about this time of night, and call ‘Saaa-raaah...’ across the darkness of the Derbyshire landscape, like the ghosts do in horror films set in New England. That would be spooky, wouldn’t it? But somebody else might hear it, and recognise the voice, and I might get arrested, or a reputation...

So I didn’t.

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

When i was aged 4 until about 8 or 9 i lived two doors down from my best friend and before we started going to school, on weekends, or during summer break he would go outside early in the morning and yell as loudly as he could, "ANDREA! AAAAANNNDREEEAAA! COME OUT AND PLAY!" Over and over again until i did. Sometimes i'd hear him and sometimes another neighbor would call our house and tell my mother that Joshua Arnold was outside yelling for me to come out and play.

JJ said...

Sounds like Joshua Arnold knew his own mind! I like stories like that. Kids' connections and neighbourliness. Nice one.