Tuesday 17 January 2012

A Little Homage to Lisa.

You’ve heard me refer to The Woman in America a few times, right? Well, here’s the rub.

She and I have corresponded by e-mail and spoken on skype. I’ve been mean to her a couple of times, and she’s been mean back rather more often. But that’s all good, because being mean to somebody (by which I mean the go-away-and-never-darken-my-doorstep-again sort of mean) usually indicates a combination of honesty, fear and insecurity, all of which are essential to a vibrant relationship (well, they are if you’re a bit weird like me.)

The fact is though, she’s been a major part of engendering in me a profound process of self-examination and subsequent realisation that has clarified much of my understanding of, and attitude towards, the whole subject of the masculine:feminine connection. Don’t you think it’s pretty incredible that somebody you’ve never met, and almost certainly never will meet, can be such a jewel in the crown of learning? That’s big, right? The Woman in America is a genuine VIP.

It’s maybe a trifle unfortunate that all this new found understanding has come too late to be of any practical value, but life’s like that. And, hey, there are more lives to come, no?

(Sorry to descend into the triter end of the vernacular, but at least I avoided ‘who loves ya, baby?’ Except in parentheses. Which is OK.)

No comments: