Tuesday 31 January 2012

Shakespeare's Fool.

Here we are again, back to the same old familiar position. I saw it coming, of course; they gave me warning enough that this little lesson was going to be a hard one. Time to get up, change direction and move on to learn some more.

One of my erstwhile teachers once referred to her partner-in-education with the words ‘her slag side.’ What is a slag, exactly? It’s a very subjective term, of course, and so it defies precise definition. I know what it means to me, but that’s my business and my problem.

I think I should concentrate my attention on the birds and the trees from here on in. There’s a lady blackbird who hangs around me and seems to want to be my friend. What she really wants is food, I know that. I’m not a complete fool yet. Just getting there, slowly.

No comments: