Thursday 12 January 2012

The Parting Glass.

I have blog posts to write and e-mails to answer, but I’m too tired. I had another of my classic five hours last night. Tomorrow will have to do.

--------------------------------------

I fell asleep in the bath for about fifteen minutes tonight, but not before I’d had the gentlest of imaginings about coming to an accommodation with somebody special – sitting on a stile next a gate, next a meadow, next a wood. The sun shone from a clear sky, and the sun beaming from two sets of eyes was more than just a reflection. Julie Fowlis is singing Bothan Airigh am Braigh Raithneach as I write. It suits.

--------------------------------------

I noticed earlier how much advertisers exaggerate, and even generate, irrational fear as a means of persuading the gullible to buy their product. I really don’t like advertisers very much. Governments do the same thing.

--------------------------------------

I want something to eat, but the richness of the Christmas fare has deposited a little extra flesh around the middle of JJ, so I’m resisting the urge. I have a glass in hand instead. And since it falls unto my lot that I should rise and you should not...

No comments: