Friday 13 January 2012

Friday (the Thirteenth)

I woke up this morning with the disturbing conviction that everybody had gone. It was like one of those sci-fi films in which somebody wakes up to find the neighbourhood deserted. And then I booted the computer and discovered that there had been no visits to the blog overnight. It’s the first time that’s happened in the eighteen months I’ve had stats trackers. Curiouser and curiouser. I wondered whether it was something to do with it being Friday 13th.

But then I took a longer than usual walk around the lanes and spoke to several people along the way, so at least I knew the triffids hadn’t landed. I suppose the body snatchers might have done, but there was no sign of any pods. There was no sign of M’Lady S, either. Unless that was her I saw riding a bike in the distance...

I was thinking of making a post about how much fire has fascinated me all my life, but decided I couldn’t be bothered.

JJ isn’t in a good mood at the moment.

3 comments:

andrea kiss said...

"So stop reading my blog posts and do something useful!"

JJ said...

But you're one of the reasons I'm an internet addict, Andrea.

andrea kiss said...

:o) Likewise