Monday 16 January 2012

Being at the Centre of a Hologram.

A couple of days ago I woke up with a sense that everybody had gone. I was obviously (or at least apparently) wrong about that. Today I woke up with a sense that some sort of reality shift had happened. I sometimes have to remind myself that I’m only as mad as I think I am.

But it did get me wondering again about the belief – which has some credence in quantum circles, apparently (cf the film What the Bleep Do We Know?) – that we’re all living in some sort of hologram in which everything only exists because we believe it does.

This is a difficult idea to take on board. Surely it can’t be right that all those people and circumstances within and beyond my orbit are merely creations of my own perception. Anybody reading this will obviously agree!

And yet I have a nagging suspicion that there’s some truth in it – somewhere – somehow...

No comments: