Sunday 25 November 2012

A Few Notes.

The unidentified creature in the roof space above my kitchen is giving audible notice of its presence again. I wish such things didn’t get on my nerves, but they do.

After a rare dry, bright day, the walk was wet again tonight. No Aboriginals in the shadows, though. As far as I know.

I noticed that the running water has washed away some hardcore and left a pothole at the edge of the lane, just where my ground leads onto it. It’s a bit deep to want to put a car wheel in there. Must think of a way to repair it without spending money.

I’m finding that, by and large, Dracula is quite well written. Occasionally, though, Stoker makes a real howler. Did he have an editor?

I suspect there might be somebody in the village who doesn’t really want me here, but I don’t know who. Too involved to bother explaining.

No comments: