Wednesday 14 November 2012

An Odd Sensibility.

Of all the lines of Bob Dylan that I listened to as a lad, this one from Boots of Spanish Leather meant the most:

Just a-carry yourself back to me unspoiled
From across that lonesome ocean

I wonder why that one was so important, and I wonder why it still is even now when enough water has passed under the bridge to fill a dozen oceans. Somebody reminded me of it recently.

*  *  *

I should really be making a long post about the violent protests going on in Europe over the 'austerity measures,' and how I believe it to be a situation created by the small number of selfish people driving the free market, capitalist economies, and how those same selfish people will no doubt be blaming the ‘rabble rousers’ now that things are turning ugly, and how the same thing could well happen in America if Mr O can’t bring the small number of selfish people in the Senate to heel. But I can’t be bothered.

No comments: