Tuesday 27 November 2012

Declining the Process.

Wendy suggests that I might take the opportunity of having my birthday coincide with a full moon to make a wish. She countenances caution, but I think I’ll go the stage further and decline altogether.

The making of a wish is, by its very definition, the invoking of a magical process. And as I understand it, the invoking of a magical process for personal benefit comes with a corollary: in granting fulfilment, the Universe assumes the right to make a charge of its own choosing and in its own time. Nothing comes free in magic, and I think I’d prefer to know the price before accepting the offer.

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

What about all those changes the Universe makes anyway? Perhaps you've got a bit of credit built up by now... make some wishes... the universe owes you a few.

JJ said...

Oh, yeah. Get the girl first, and then get dandruff!