Thursday 22 November 2012

Beer and Games.

This American beer from the Tap Room Beer Company is quite splendid – light on the palate, full flavoured, and with a strongly bitter aftertaste. I was so pleased with it that I looked up the 2012 MLB results, and was perturbed to find that the Yankees lost the AL playoffs 4-0. Times ain’t what they used to be. I don’t remember Joe di Maggio, but I do remember Derek Jeter. And I remember those memorable World Series games they played against the Atlanta Braves. I stayed up late to watch several of them. There’s something surprisingly civilised about baseball.

American Football, on the other hand, is a bit tedious. It’s the way they keep stopping every thirty seconds or so for a committee meeting. When it comes to oval balls, I’m strictly a rugby man. It was my favourite game to play, and it remains my favourite game to watch (along with snooker.) Rugby players don’t wear helmets.

The beer bottle, by the way, also has a good tone when you blow over the top of it. F natural, I think.

No comments: