Friday 30 November 2012

Revealing Bigfoot.

I’ve been unable to make a post for about twelve hours because there was a fault in the blogger system. It seems to be working normally again now (fingers crossed) so I can note something else I read in the news yesterday.

An American veterinary scientist claims to have some genuine Sasquatch hair, and further claims that genetic analysis gives an interesting result. It seems the female line is normal human, but the male line originates with some unknown hominid (for which read ‘ape-like.’) This interests me for two reasons:

1. I had no idea that there was any reliable evidence that Sasquatch actually exists. If there is, why isn’t it being trumpeted? Is there knowledge here that isn’t being made public?

2. Given some of the people I’ve known in my life, I suspect there might be more Bigfeet wandering around unnoticed than we imagine..

OK, the second is merely being facetious, but Ms Scientist goes on to make another interesting point. If her findings are right, she says, then Sasquatch should be given the status of ‘indigenous people,’ with all the legal protection thus afforded. This is to save it from those who like to go around killing things just so they can have some sort of trophy to hang on the wall. Could this, I wonder, be the reason why some knowledge isn’t being made public?

No comments: