Friday 2 November 2012

Evening, Boss.

There's been a bright star in the eastern sky these past few nights and I've been wanting to identify it. I remembered being fascinated by the Venus-Jupiter show last winter. I remembered how bright the two of them were, and how much the brighter of the two Venus was. I also remembered familiarising myself with Venus's orbit, and decided that the current star was in the wrong place to be her. Besides, I have a good eye for these things, and the object under scrutiny wasn't bright enough. I decided tonight that it must be Jupiter.

I just checked with an astronomical website, and I was right. Everything about the position and timing fits, including the notably close proximity to the moon that was so spectacular last night. And maybe my correct assumption had something to do with the fact that Jupiter is my ruling planet. Maybe I just recognised him.

No comments: