Sunday 11 November 2012

Unconventional Archetypes.

The dream was long and vivid. I was in a hilly landscape dotted with woods and lakes, where mysterious words and symbols had appeared on trees, walls and fences. My job was to make contact with the women in the vicinity in an attempt to solve the mystery. There were several of them, but I only remember three:

There was the young woman who laughed menacingly and maniacally when I questioned her, and then ran away. There was the bed-ridden, deformed young girl who wanted to sit on the edge of her bed and commune with me, even though she couldn’t speak. And then there was the serene face of a woman with dark, wavy hair, which appeared as a reflection on the surface of a lake when I looked down onto it from a promontory.

Whether this is Freudian or Jungian territory I don’t know, but there is an issue going on at the moment that is disturbing my equilibrium quite badly and making me feel unsettled. But maybe that’s better left unsaid.

No comments: