Thursday 1 December 2011

Cars and a Dearth of Abigails.

Called into the theatre today after dropping the Red Renault off with Dr Nigel. Rob provided a simple lunch, bless him, and I got to talk with Ahdia (sp?) again, who is staggeringly lovely. What I don’t understand about the theatre, though, is why nobody ever ages. Maybe I should have stayed there.

Drove home in a little old Citroen Saxo, which is... er... rather basic, but he got me here without a hitch, so I’m grateful to the little guy.

Remember Frothgar, the Norse hero from last winter? He was up on Nigel’s car transporter, en route to the scrapyard. It seems he’s finally reached the end of his campaigning days, which is very sad. I trust Valhalla is preparing an appropriate feast.

--------------------------------------

Isn’t this typical? I just got a phone call from a woman who said

‘Hello, good evening. My name’s Abbie. Oh, I think I got the wrong number. Bye.’

How many times have I said that I love the name Abigail? To my knowledge, I’ve never spoken to a woman called Abigail. Still haven’t. These things are important, you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't I get a mention!! Jo

JJ said...

It’s central to my impeccable ethics, Jo, that I never mention management outside of their earshot.

And how long have you been reading my blog, you dark horse you? Just think of the extent to which I could have compromised my reputation! And who’s the other Bedford?

Anonymous said...

I was introduced to your blog by Rob and very interesting reading it makes. We often sit in our office of an evening and read some jef to each other. By the way Rob is the other Bedford.

JJ said...

Heavens! Is this flattery or conspiracy? I rather suspected as much. Could it have something to do with your birthday being the same as my mother's?

Still, now there might be TWO people who get the jokes.

And you did get a mention the other day, Jo. You were one of those who never age. 'The Undead,' I think they're called.