Thursday 29 December 2011

The Glamour Question.

I’ve had my say on the question of glamour before. It would be nothing new to state that I regard the whole glamour obsession and the cosmetics industry that inflates it as nothing less than fraudulent. I’m sure I could expand on all the arguments if I had a mind to, but I haven’t because it doesn’t really matter that much to me. Other people can do what they want. As long as it doesn’t affect me, why worry?

There’s one point I would like to make, though, just for the sake of making it.

Glamour, by its very definition, can only ever create a false face. It can never enhance true beauty, as the paint peddlers would have us believe, because true beauty is a lot more than skin deep. All glamour can ever do is hide it. Hasn’t anybody noticed that when little girls don make up to emulate the grown ups, they suddenly become a lot less pretty, a lot less adorable? Adults might consider taking that fact under consideration.

And on a personal note, one of the things that so appeals about M’Lady S is that she’s truly beautiful and doesn’t hide the fact with paint. That makes her authentic. She’s got it right.

No comments: