Thursday 22 December 2011

Debrief on Today.

The Red Renault is now home but still not Running perfectly. Nigel the Mechanic says he can’t fault it, which is the sort of thing Nigels say. I can, but the imperfection isn’t too serious, so as long as it doesn’t get any worse, I’ll live with it. And I must say, it is a nice car to ride in and one of the more elegant models Renault have produced down the years. And it’s red; I like red. All in all, then, it’s nice to see him home. Despite the many aggravations, I have grown quite fond of my Frenchie pal.

--------------------------------------

Certain other business didn’t get concluded today, as I suspected it wouldn’t.

--------------------------------------

Had a splendid solstice fire this evening, just after dark. The exact time of this year’s winter solstice was 0530 GMT this morning, so at least I made it within twelve hours. Which gives me a thought. Presumably, the time of the solstice must be the same for the whole northern hemisphere. In that case, Americans living in the eastern time zone would have had the celebration on 22nd (being 0030 EST,) but those in the other time zones would have celebrated on 21st. Weird place, America.

And while I’m on the subject of solstice fires, I have to say that it would have been nice to have company: say, somebody from Mill Lane?

--------------------------------------

I met my first ever Russian in Nigel’s garage. Her name was Vera and she was very friendly.

--------------------------------------

And one of the things I bought on my trip to the big town was next year’s appointments calendar. I wasn’t overly impressed with the choice, but settled on a rather nice one featuring the art of Mackenzie Thorpe. I was torn between that and a Zen Buddhist one, but the MT calendar had better pictures for eventual framing.

I did like what it said on the front of the Zen one, though:

The moment you cease to seek contentment, it will happen automatically.

They do say some brilliant things, these Zen people.

No comments: