Tuesday 27 December 2011

Balancing Considerations.

One of the things I find most difficult in life is getting the balance right between my own needs and those of others. I confess to being not entirely the self-sacrificial type, but at the same time I would consider it a gross dereliction of the duty incumbent on a compassionate human being if I didn’t hold the interests of others to be of substantial consequence.

This in itself can sometimes make choices difficult, especially if the person being considered doesn’t talk to me, however much I understand and respect their reasons for not so doing. Then it becomes tricky, and I have to hope they don’t run away flinging firebombs in their wake when I get it wrong sometimes. And it becomes doubly difficult when such a person is not only an object of concern, but also someone of whom I’m extremely bloody fond!

Phone calls now, then an onion bagel for lunch. Yum.

No comments: