Saturday 17 December 2011

Two Loosely Related Jottings.

I just caught a bit of one of the later Harry Potter films on the TV, and noticed something quite startling. Hermione reminds me of a young version of Sarah (and don’t anybody dare ask ‘Sarah who?’) It’s something about the eyes and the mouth, and maybe the walk. The main difference is that Sarah smiles more, but then she doesn’t have a continuous maelstrom of magical mischief to deal with, not even from me.

How glad I am that the lovely Sarah didn’t become a celebrity. If she had, she might have gone the way of the lovely Emma Watson and become a plastic thing fit only for magazine covers by now. And then she wouldn’t have given me all those excuses to feature her in blog posts.

--------------------------------------

And talking of blogs, I’ve realised that dear old Feedjit can be an educational tool. Every time it shows a new visitor, I look up the location on Google maps. I’m starting, for example, to get the hang of the geography of New York State. There’s a problem, though. I can find out where, say, Latham, New York is, but I don’t know whether the visitor is resident in that town or merely passing through. And that can sometimes be important.

4 comments:

JuneBug said...

You need to ask that girl out! Is it just me, or perhaps living in Philly has made me obnoxious?

Cheers!

JJ said...

I doubt she would thank me for it, but I really do appreciate your visit and comment.

Cheers back.

andrea kiss said...

Please don't judge the Harry Potter books by the movies. I know everyone always says the books are better because they almost always are but when i finally decided to watch the movies after reading the books i was very, very disappointed.

JJ said...

I'm not judging Harry Potter at all, Andrea (I actually like the movies.) It's just that I'm not much of a recreational reader, so when I do decide to read something, it's usually something out of the ordinary - like Idylls of the King that I've promising myself for years.