Friday 23 December 2011

Being Wonderful.

I fell asleep for an hour over the keyboard last night – between 1.30 and 2.30 in the morning to be precise. When I woke up I was so disoriented that putting the house to rest and going to bed was a real struggle. And yet I still managed a quick e-mail to somebody special with whom I need constantly to touch base. I impressed myself. I don’t do that very often. I would have told myself how wonderful I was if I’d had the energy. I didn’t, so I’ll do it now.

‘Jeffrey, you’re really pretty wonderful, you know?’

(Just trying to love myself here, you understand. I’ve heard it’s good for a person.)

And this morning, merely by way of subscribing to the illusion that my point is demonstrated, I was pleased to discover that the Lady Shu-Shu (aka the Lady B) had visited, if only through the medium of cyberspace, at 8.25. I do so wish she’d bring the little princess to cover my quarry tile floors in cute muddy paw marks. One day, maybe.

Lunch now.

No comments: