Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve.

Do excuse the inane nature of the last two posts. It’s what happens if I have alcohol before dinner. Future libations of my precious port will be taken as dessert.

--------------------------------------

Television is a mirror that reflects the culture which produces it, and the programmes people choose to watch are those which reflect the areas they identify with.

Tonight has been the first Christmas Eve in all my life when there was nothing on the TV I wanted to watch. That says it all, no doubt, and maybe explains why I’ve felt the most urgent need to have somebody here to talk to. That’s uncharacteristic of me at Christmas.

--------------------------------------

I just had a small piece of the Christmas cake Mrs Next Door baked for me, and that’s another reason for wanting somebody here. It’s very nice, but it’s big. I think I might still be eating it in June if I don’t get help.

--------------------------------------

I still don’t know why the Lady Lynette doubts Sir Gareth’s prowess. I wasn’t in the mood for Tennyson after all.

--------------------------------------

The local weather forecast for tonight was ‘clear skies, mild and dry.’ How I managed to be constantly assailed by a stream of falling water throughout the duration of my walk shall, therefore, remain a mystery.

No comments: