Tuesday 13 December 2011

On Blogging Again.

I’ll tell you what troubles me a bit about blogging. Sometimes I get the feeling that I’m standing alone on a lighted stage, having my say, strutting my stuff, being me, etc, etc. And all the time I know there’s a sea of dark faces out there watching, listening and reacting in silence. And the result is a feeling of being not only alone, but scrutinised. I find that a bit unnerving at times.

It won’t stop me blogging, of course, but it’s an interesting phenomenon.  

4 comments:

KMcCafferty said...

No scrutinizing from over here Jeff. Just sincere intrigue and good thinking.

JJ said...

I had your blog in mind when I wrote it, Kaetlyn. All those visitors and nobody talking.

Nuutj said...

I read your blog post because you see things with deeper thoughts(or wisdom) than I do.

I may be curious about your personal life once in a while. Still I don't think it's judging or scrutinizing.

JJ said...

Thank you, Mei-shan, although you flatter me. Oddly enough, my deepest thoughts rarely make the blog, either because I'm too lazy to find a way of doing them justice in words, or because I'm sure they would be widely misunderstood, or because they're just too personal.

Anyway, you're not one of the sea of dark faces. Mei-shan speaks!