Monday 12 December 2011

Being Artificial.

There’s a TV series in Britain called ‘Skin Deep: The Business of Beauty.’ I’ve never seen it, but the title alone says a lot about how people define ‘beauty.’ Tonight’s episode has the following synopsis:

...meets a woman who was admitted to hospital after being injured while having acrylic nails applied.

What? This is on a par with Beckham Does Mean. I suppose that’s one small compensation offered by the bozo culture we’ve become: it gives us quite a lot to laugh at.

What’s the betting said lady doesn’t have hair like a rat’s nest?

4 comments:

andrea kiss said...

What is Beckham does mean? I googled it and am still not sure. Have you ever heard of the TV show The Swan? The concept is to take "ugly ducklings" and make them beautiful, often by means of cosmetic surgery.

JJ said...

'Beckham Does Mean' relates to an advert I referred to in an earlier post. I wouldn't watch an Ugly Ducklings show. I think we should be working instead to see beauty as rather more than skin deep.

andrea kiss said...

I never watched the show, either but when it was on i heard a lot about it. I really don't often watch TV. And i read your post about the ad but it was after i'd already commented here. And i agree with you about beauty, that's why i thought the show The Swan was so disgusting.

JJ said...

A woman agrees with me! I can go to bed happy now.