Monday 12 December 2011

Irrelevant Ramblings.

Sarah’s house is just about on a direct line of the wind direction tonight, which means that while my house is slightly uphill from hers, it’s also downwind. I just calculated that, given the forecast speed, the wind that is currently doing its banshee impersonation in my chimney was doing the same in hers a little under a minute ago. If only she would go outside and sing.

--------------------------------------

The only two stories I have waiting to be written at the moment both have me as the protagonist, and in both of them the protagonist dies at the end. That’s why they’re still waiting to be written.

--------------------------------------

Tonight would be a good time to read When the Waves Call again, but I only really enjoy it accompanied by Maire Breatnach’s album Angels’ Candles. I had it on a cassette but the tape broke, and the price people want for second hand CDs on Amazon is ridiculous.

--------------------------------------

I just realised that New York is also more or less on a direct line of the wind direction tonight. Maybe that’s why it’s a cold wind with a hostile sound. Or maybe my imagination and impatience are getting the better of me. Maybe it’s that old cabin fever thing again.

--------------------------------------

I’ve started reading Tennyson’s Idylls of the King. It isn’t easy to get into when you’re feeling tense. Maybe I should have gone for a Harry Potter book instead. I’ve heard they’re entertaining.

6 comments:

andrea kiss said...

You really should read Harry Potter. I love those books and am looking forward to reading them to Liam someday.

If i can find Angel's Candles i will download it for you and email it to you as a file share.

JJ said...

I wasn't criticising Harry Potter, Andrea. Everybody I know loves them. I'm just a reluctant reader, so when I do read, I tend to look for one-off weird things.

Would I know what to do with a file share? I expect I'd find out, so thank you. You're a star.

andrea kiss said...

Oh, i know you weren't criticising Harry Potter. I was just saying you should read it.

If i can find the album for you i'd send it to you as Mp3's so you can play it on your media player or whatever you use for Mp3s.

JJ said...

Andrea! I don't even know what MP3s are. I still use a wind-up gramophone (almost.)

andrea kiss said...

Have you ever downloaded music before? If so the file type was an Mp3. The site i linked to you to stream from only has samples of the songs :( When i saw the song length i assumed you could listen to them in their entirety. I gave a listen... her music is beautiful. I'm still trying to find it for you. You can go to grooveshark.com and stream some of her music for free but there aren't any songs from Angels Candles on there.

Gramaphone...lol

My word verification is boostea haha

JJ said...

No, I've never downloaded music. I always thought it was something teenagers did. You do laugh at the strangest things! I like people who laugh at strange things, even if I don't get the joke.