Friday 23 December 2011

Bye, Everybody.

OK, here’s the big confession, the one that should ensure my blog receives about as many visitors as the condemned cell of a mass murderer with extreme body odour, halitosis and continual flatulence.

Ready?

I like teddy bears.

They have so much character, you see, so they’re easy to talk to. Berlioz, for example, who sits on a chest of drawers in my bedroom, looks constantly anxious and has to be constantly reassured. Bedlington, on the other hand, the painted concrete one who lives in the garden, is a little tough guy who scowls at everybody. I like to keep him happy by moving him around so he gets a different view every day. And I have to clear the snow off his head in the winter because wearing a white fluffy hat makes him scowl even more.

So there you have it. Please shut the door quietly on your way out.

5 comments:

andrea kiss said...

One year at Christmas time some store we always went to had huge teddy bears for sale and every time we went my brother would look at all of them and squeeze them, (he was probably 4 or 5 then) so without him knowing my mamaw got one for him. She put it in an old box that an electric heater came in and wrapped it up. We have a video of him with a huge smile on his face unwrapping the big box... when he got the paper off his smile faded and he looked at my dad and said, "CAN YOU BELIEVE SOMEONE BOUGHT ME A HEATER!" We still laugh about that. And he still has his Berry Bear. Its in his son's room now, all raggedy and missing an eye.

andrea kiss said...

That also reminds me of the year that Glow Worms were popular toys. They were green and had the cutest faces and wore green nightcaps. When you hugged them their faces lit up. I wanted one so, so very badly but my brother, Jamie got the glow worm. He knew i wanted one and would tease me and wouldn't let me hold it. One night i got really sick and threw up in my bed so my mom had to take all the bedclothes up and she just had me sleep on the couch. When i got on the couch i said something like, "mommy, i would feel so much better if i could sleep with the glow worm." So he finally let me sleep with it but he wasn't too happy about it. I took the batteries out of it before i gave it back, as i'd planned when i asked for it.

andrea kiss said...

Oh, and i'll have to email you a strange story about something else that happened the night i was so sick. Don't want to put it all on here.

JJ said...

What a talkative Andrea you are tonight. Thank you. What a terrible sister you must have been. Batteries!

I was only ever sick in bed twice in my life - once when I was five and going through the fallout from my parents' separation, and again when I was sixteen and had had... er... too much to drink. Gulp.

JJ said...

Oh, and do tell me the strange story. I like strange stories, and yours are usually good.