Friday 16 December 2011

Attempting Some Christmas Spirit.

I put some Christmas decorations up in my living room today and uncovered a mystery. The red and green tinsel I’ve been using for years wasn’t in the decorations box, so I searched high and low – every cupboard, every box – disparu. Where is it? Don’t know. So I had to use gold and silver tinsel instead.

The decorations I use were my mother’s that I took from her house after she died. And do you know what I found today? Two ornaments that used to hang on the Christmas tree when I was a little boy. That was nice.

I also bought three of my Christmas treats on Wednesday – a litre bottle of port, a box of mince pies and a vegetarian bake for Christmas dinner. Only the cigars to go. My neighbour says she’s baking me a Christmas cake, which is why I haven’t had a moan yet about her dogs barking incessantly. I’ll leave that until I’ve eaten the cake.

Only kidding.

Oh, and I found the lyrics to Raglan Road today. They weren't as bad as I thought they were. In fact, they touched a certain chord with which my own heart strings are familiar. Would anybody like me to post them?

No comments: