Monday 15 October 2012

More Bits.

You remember the growing inventory of things breaking down? Tonight's addition is:

The fan heater in the bathroom.

I'm feeling flat and uninspired again. I think I'm turning into one of the gargoyles in this video:


That's probably because I'm watching and listening to it a lot lately. If you do the same, I should warn you: it's beautiful and melancholy, but not very cheerful.

Google Blogger stats have gone wonky. Google things have a habit of doing that.

New York, New York, New York... How can a hobbit living in The Shire possibly make connections with New York? Pig in the City, maybe?

When I walk past the Lady B's house at night, there's often some light spill from a window - usually the kitchen. And sometimes a shadow crosses it, which is intriguing but not obsessive.

Are you getting all this? Good. I'm too tired to write any more.

Night.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hobbits are remarkably adept at adaptation. NYC, Gondor... what's the difference?

JJ said...

Well, that's it. I really must get a copy of The Hobbit and read it. I think I did once, but it must have been in a past life because I remember absolutely nothing about it except there were a lot of trees. And I think there were turf houses, but maybe I imagined that bit. Maybe it's time I knew myself better.

JJ said...

By the way, Anon, thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

andrea kiss said...

This has always been one of my favorites!

andrea kiss said...

#1. and #4.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you didn't read it, but lived it, eh? Not enough ale was imbibed the first time around. It's reincarnation, Tolkien style.

And certainly! I enjoy your musings, so to leave a comment from time to time makes sense.

JJ said...

Must find #4 and have a listen. I'm sure it's on YT somewhere.

Are you Turkish, Anon? You write English better than most of us English.

Anonymous said...

I am, but English is my mother tongue.

JJ said...

Maybe I shouldn't have asked. Now I'm doubly intrigued.