Monday 1 October 2012

Making Latex Decent.

Just got back from my first visit to the physio to have the issue of my frozen shoulder addressed. He asked lots of questions, did lots of pushing, pulling and pummelling, and finally said he wanted me to do an exercise in the comfort of my own home. It entails holding something stretchy out in front of me and pulling it sideways.

‘Are you allergic to latex?’ he asked.

‘Don’t know. I’ve never been involved with that kind of woman.’

He gave me a piece anyway. It’s very stretchy and bright yellow. Had it been red I would have considered it indecently decadent, but I suppose yellow is OK.

He also gave me another exercise to do. I have to stand facing the corner of a room, place my hands on the two adjoining walls, and then lean into the angle. Problem: the way Edwardians liked to have their doors sited, my house doesn’t really have a suitable corner. Which indicates, I suppose, that frozen shoulders are a post-Edwardian invention. Maybe God created them to give latex something decent to do for a change.

No comments: