Sunday 28 October 2012

A Ditty for the Indisposition.

I want to write a blog post
But I don’t know what to write
My body and my brain are
Working fitfully tonight
They’re sinking like a sack of lead
Then jinking like a kite

So…

I want to write a blog post
But I don’t know what to write.

I gave myself an almost complete day off today – a few minor, necessary jobs, but mostly lazing about with the computer, the TV and Dracula. When I got up to make my dinner, I felt as though I’d got out of bed having retired there with the flu. I had the same weakness, dizziness, tingling skin, and that strange sensation in which the teeth appear to be striving to detach themselves from their accustomed position. I went for my usual walk because it’s become a favourite habit, but it was done more out of routine than genuine desire. It wasn’t very comfortable – too much lacking proper balance – so there was no singing to the little people or paying of respects to Mistress Moon.

I’m back to my original theory – that this is ME and is going to take a while to shift. A friend of Mel’s had it for years and her symptoms were a lot worse than mine. For now, I’ll push through it and do what needs to be done. And I suppose I’d better avoid going to any wild parties. Damn.

No comments: