Sunday 14 October 2012

More Excuses.

I haven’t made any blog posts today because:

1) Nothing interesting has happened (apart from being offered a hand knitted woolly hat, which I can’t accept because I don’t consider myself to be worth such effort.)

2) There haven’t been any silly news items to pick holes in (apart from the one that said 1.6 million Brits between 20 and 40 are still living with their parents, which indicates that we are breeding a generation of thirty-somethings who are suffering from ‘arrested development.’ I suppose that was pretty silly.)

3) I haven’t given a second’s thought to anything spiritual, metaphysical, philosophical or alcohol-related.

4) I started a ditty which ran:

I know a woman from New York
Who doesn’t smile and doesn’t talk
And eats her food with just a fork
As all good Yankees do

…but I couldn’t get any further with it.

5) I’m cold, and typing isn’t easy when your hands are occupied in being rubbed vigorously up and down arms and legs in a generally unsuccessful attempt to get warm. I could go and get my woollen jacket with the lambswool collar, but I’m too lazy. I need a more pressing reason to make the trip upstairs, like going to the loo or having a shower, so I’ll pick it up later.

No comments: