Wednesday 17 October 2012

Google and ESP.

If you have anything-by-Google on your system, they track your surfing habits and tailor the ads you get to match your ‘interests.’ So, if you’ve been checking the chain retailers to find the best deals on mobile phones, the next thing you know you’re being inundated across the board with ads for mobile phones. I find that irritating, but what’s really freaky is this.

Yesterday I was looking at my cooker and decided that I could do with replacing the plate that sits above the grill because it’s got a few spots of rust on it. The next time I booted my computer, the first thing I got on my home page was an ad for cooker accessories. It would appear, therefore, that Google is not only watching my surfing habits, they’re even reading my mind now. How the hell do they do that?

4 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Uncanny... maybe those folks who say we need to put foil around our heads to keep others out know what they're talking about!

JJ said...

And on that subject, or at least something closely related, did you know that my fatigue problems started after I'd had some internet correspondence with a psi vampire from South Africa?

andrea kiss said...

I did not know that, but it is very interesting. Maybe some sort of link was established between the two of you. Have you talked to Mel about it? There are some measures you could take to rid yourself of any sort of connection between you and the psi vampire.

I think there are many people who are psi vampires and they aren't aware of it themselves.

JJ said...

I'm tempted to think it's just an odd coincidence, but how can I know? I don't know where Mel is or what she's doing these days. I haven't heard from her in ages and she hasn't posted during the same period.