Wednesday 17 October 2012

Being Ignored.

I don’t feel up to making blog posts tonight. I’ve got a bit of thick head and I feel spaced out. Headache, slightly sore sinuses, slightly rough throat – there’s probably a change in the weather on the way. When I get these sorts of symptoms there usually is.

Interesting walk tonight, though. I encountered a cyclist and a jogger, both in possession of a torch with a blue light that everybody but me seems to have these days. I said ‘good evening’ to both of them, but neither replied. Maybe there’s a rule in The Shire that one doesn’t talk to people after nightfall.

I also spoke to the owner of the footsteps that I distinctly heard behind me while I was admiring a tree in the darkest part of Mill Lane. I turned my torch in that direction, but there was nothing to be seen. And, come to think of it, the owner of the mysterious footsteps didn’t reply either. Neither does anybody ever applaud when I sing. Maybe they prefer to just watch me from the shadows, or maybe I don’t sing well enough.

No comments: