Monday 1 October 2012

Isms, New and Old.

I’ve discovered my identity: I’m a spiritual anarchist. I was thinking of founding a Society for Spiritual Anarchism, which would have five tenets:

Ignore all religions
Sweep away all traditions
Sack all the wise people
Accept that neither you nor anybody else actually knows anything, and put your trust in instinct and intuition
Most of all, accept that you’ve probably got a lot of things wrong

I thought better of it, because then it would be another ism, wouldn’t it? And that would be missing the point. Isn’t life complicated?

And on a surprisingly apposite note, I remembered another of my favourite lines from Father Ted:

‘No, no, Dougal. Fascists are men in black uniforms who go around telling people what to do, whereas priests are…are…’

3 comments:

andrea kiss said...

All good advice.

andrea kiss said...

Oh, and i thought of a good show for you to watch on YouTube: "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Child"

Let me know what you think.

JJ said...

The title said 'this has to be consciously surreal.' So I looked at the Wikipedia article. Nope - reality show. I'll give it a look later if I think my adrenal glands will stand the strain.